Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Today was Mother's Day and Jeff decided to drive us out to Milwaukee to visit the Milwaukee Art Museum. We also visited the Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory, aka "The Domes", however we lost the photos of that venture because our SD card was corrupted. If Jeff can recover them I will post those pics at a later date.

A particular artist caught my attention at this museum - Ernst Kirchner. He was a German Expressionist born in Aschaffenburg in 1880. Kirchner was not interested in precisely documenting subject matter, he wanted to portray the "emotion" of it. Below is a picture of Noelle and I in front of three Kirchner paintings.


Ernst Kirchner, Street Scene, 1926; Street at Schöneberg City Park, 1912–13; Dodo with a Feather Hat, 1911

I particularly liked Street Scene because of it's bold colors and the way he uses lines to draw your eye around the painting.

Ernst Kirchner, Street Scene, 1926
Noelle was part of a painting!



We got to see another Chagall and Noelle recognized the artist's work right away.

Marc Chagall, The Horseman, 1966

Noelle loved this mirror effect with the painting on the floor.



I wanted to end this blog with a special Happy Mother's Day message to my Mom and some pics of us when I was about Noelle's age. Thanks for everything you do. You have made my life truly wonderful and I am so happy I get to share my precious daughter with you. 



 Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment